Monday, September 30, 2013

There is no harmony in Eharmony

In my previous post I mentioned that I was going to give Eharmony a go since they had a special running to become a member.  For everyone who is happily married or who found your significant other not online, Eharm has a specific way of communicating with your matches by guiding you through 3 steps before you can email them directly.  You CAN email them before answering all of the questions but they recommend that you don't.

So I started off with close to 25 matches in my queue, pretty good in my mind.  After going through them I realized that close to 50% were also on Match.  The other 40% lived in Longmont, Utah, Pueblo or Wyoming.  Um ya, I'm totally going to date someone who lives 2+ hours from me.  The remaining 10% I sent the 1st step, 'getting to know each other'.  A few rejected me and a few others progressed through 'must have and can't stands' and 'learn more about him' to the email, yay!  Some never emailed me and some that I responded to via email never emailed me again.  Begin rant~ok WHY would you waste all your time going back and forth with Eharm's dumb questions if you didn't want to learn more about me? Please don't waste my time ~end rant.

So I'm taking a break from dating for a bit. It's clear that I'm burned out.  I'm going on dates with guys just to go on dates, knowing before hand that we're probably not a good fit.  Now don't think that I'm pigeon holing myself by not being open to dating outside of my comfort zone, I'm definitely open to meeting someone that I wouldn't think I would date.  There are just some deal breakers that I can't get around, like: you don't like to be outdoors, you dislike dogs and you don't drink.


No comments:

Post a Comment