Monday, October 6, 2014

Return of the Blog!

So the blog has been dark for almost a year, mostly because I haven't been on many dates and those that I have been on have been so boring that I couldn't even find anything to blog about (aka they were normal guys but just weren't a fit).  So what have I been doing this past year? Well I've bought a condo, renovated a kitchen and got a new job.  All which haven't left a ton of time for dating.  Well ok, I guess I haven't wanted to make time for dating.  I've still been perusing the dating sites (Match, OKCupid and Tinder) but just have been feeling meh about it all.

Well two weeks ago a guy sparked my interest.  He is a new transplant to Colorado (fresh meat!), tall and well spoken via email and text.  So we decided to go out last Friday.  I'm sick of the dinner or drinks or coffee date and since he's new here I thought I'd change it up- introducing the Casa Bonita date!   If you don't know about or haven't been to Casa Bonita, you should probably watch this.  It's pretty much the Mexican version of Chuck E. Cheese.  You don't go for the food, but the entertainment.

We met outside and waited in the cafeteria line to get food.  We chatted about when he moved here, where he's living, how he likes work, etc.  He then mentions that he does Medieval reenactment for fun. OK HOLD THE PHONE! This was not mentioned anywhere in his profile (I went back and checked), pretty sure that this is the kind of hobby that should be mentioned- am I right???.  At this point I have not answered a question about myself.  

Oh I should digress for a moment about attire.  So I know Colorado is casual, but horrible 2-sizes too big black dad jeans, a ripped neck t-shirt and a poo brown sweater/hoodie thing is more attire you'd wear to clean out your garage, not to go on a first date.

Back to dinner-  we get our food on trays and head to the table.  We both pick at our food while having awkward conversation and silences.  Still no questions to me about myself.  We enjoy the cliff divers, the arcade (Skeeball!) and he actually buys something in the gift shop. At this point I'm pretty Casa Bonita'd out.  We head out and I suggest checking out a local bar not too far, so we agree to meet there.

We sit at the bar and order beers and talk sports since baseball is on.  It's pretty clear that I know a significant more about the sport than him and he's not that interested.  He proceeds to SLAM his beer.  Literally in 10 minutes.  Was he just thirsty?  Desperate to get away from me?  I mean he had the opportunity to NOT meet me for that drink.

Anyways, we head out and part ways at my car.  I say thank you and he says text me anytime.  I can guarantee there will not be any texting anytime soon.

The good news is my foray back in to dating was pretty entertaining and I'm able to blog again and entertain all of you! Look for my upcoming review on Hinge, a new dating app and my experience with 8-Minute Dating!

It's good to be back.


1 comment:

  1. Yay! You should go on more dates to I can read your blog! You are good at it! Hooray for 8 min dating! Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete