Monday, January 17, 2011

Is this really the kind of guy I attract?

So I've had dates here and there with guys I thought were my type, based on OK Cupid ratings and similar interests.  My faith in said ratings is definitely dwindling, unless I'm supposed to end up with a Dad Jean wearing  guy, who I had the pleasure of having a date with on Friday. If you don't know what Dad Jeans are, here is Obama sporting a nice pair.


No, this was not the same dad jeans guy from my date a few weeks back but a different one.  JOY!  There is more than one 30-something guy in this lovely state who thinks dad jeans and white tennies are okay on a first date!  Yup, I'm being serious.  I lasted about 45 minutes, pretty much slamming my beer and using my dog as an excuse. 

I also received a lovely text from the guy I've been out with a few times, and who I thought I could see myself dating.  It said  "Although I've had fun with you I've started dating another girl exclusively."  My response was "Good luck with that."

There are two more potentials lined up for the next ten days, a lunch date Wednesday and Happy Hour next week.  My fingers are crossed for non-dad jeans dates!

2 comments:

  1. Personally I prefer the "dating someone exclusively" call/text/email to the classic blow-off. I've received (or not received) both. I now make it a point to let them know it's not them, it's the new guy. :) Happy dating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have more of a chance of running into 30somethings in Dad Jeans and White tennies in CO than out on the east coast... maybe something about the healthy lifestyle makes it ok to wear your sneaks on a date? As you well know, no one is remotely healthy in Baltimore, therefore they all wear their hipster jeans and ironic sperry topsiders. Unfortunately, they all work at Golden West. Best of Luck in California and Have Fun!

    ReplyDelete